Training and Placement Division of Bishop Heber College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli has an unmatched record in campus placement. The Division endeavors to provide inputs that will assist the students to raise their employability skills and carve a corner for themselves in the global sphere.Intensive Training Programs and Workshops are designed and conducted by us to professionalize students in relation to their studies. The Division takes an extra effort to closely monitor the performance of the students and if needed helps to acquire additional employability skills through Crash courses on soft skills. This year 1471 students of final year have benefited by us. The number of students who have been placed in prestigious companies such as TCS, CTS, Infosys, Reliance etc. in the academic year 2019-2020 is 600.
- To invite reputed companies to recruit students through ON and OFF Campus drives.
- To import Career guidance to the students
- To provide training from time to time as per industry requirements.
- To arrange for Guest Lectures and Workshops to shape the students.
- To assist in the in the curriculum development by providing inputs to the management.
- To build and strengthen industrial relations
The Training and Placement Support helps the student to:
- Get a clear picture of the Industry requirements and expectations and the same is highlighted through different kinds of Orientation Programs.
- Special Training is provided to the students according to the needs of the Companies.
- Periodical Training is being given to the students - Quantitative Aptitude, Written Test, Online Assessment Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Mock Interviews are being conducted to bring out the fear of facing interviews.
- Students are also trained to write their own Curriculum Vitae and covering letter.
- Training is being provided for UPSC, NET and BSRB for students aspiring for government jobs.
- The division helps the students to their Passport, Pan Card, Driving License and open Bank accounts.
- Guidance to apply for government scholarships from time to time is being given to the students.
Bishop Heber College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli is one of the foremost picks of any scholar who is interested in quality education with the best placement opportunities.We induce a difference as our success in a very short span of time is a blend of our missionary work, vision and collective efforts of countless people who have made it happen for Bishop Heber College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli.
- 3,516 Students Placed over from 2007
- Highest Package 4.60 LPA
- Average Package 2.5 LPA
- Over 300 Corporate Clients
- 100 hours of structured training program
- 750+ Students were benefited out of the training programs
- 600 students placed in Academic Year 2019-2020
- 42 Companies participated in the academic year 2019-2020
- 10 members dedicated team of professionals to manage Placement
Over five hundred and eighty nine prospective recruiters have hired more than 3,516 students from our campus over the last few years, which has been an outcome of a very precise placement process adopted by the Student Career and Placement Support at Bishop Heber College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli. The dedicated placement team has always kept itself ahead of the peers by constantly innovating the hiring process thereby creating a niche for itself. The 7 step placement process:
Sharing of information about the placement process, guidelines, major recruiters and previous years' statistics with the students. The orientation session is conducted by the Placement Officer accompanied by the respective Dean, Associate Dean’s and faculties.
A consolidated Data Capture Format is used by the Student Career Advisory & Placement Support Team for capturing students’ data as per companies’ requirement.
Interacting with the students and mapping them to the job opportunities. Based on mapping, the Career Advisory & Placement Services team analyzes the interests of the students and invites the recruiters accordingly.
Every student who has applied for campus placement will have to undergo the Campus Recruitment Leadership Training Program. It includes In-house Training (Aptitude, Group Discussions and Mock Interviews, etc.), Guest Lectures, Workshops and Alumni Interaction.
The recruitment process is conducted on campus based on the strength of the students and it is subject to change based on the request from the recruiter. If the applications for the job requirement are less it would be done through skype or telephonic mode.
Once the companies have completed their recruitment process, recruiters provide the final list of selected students at the end of the day. The students would be informed of the same post a confirmation.
On reaching every milestone in the number of successful placements, we also celebrate their success in the placement day with the Management, Faculties, students and parents.
For any Enquiry
Bishop Heber College
Tiruchirappalli - 620 017
Tamil Nadu, South India.
Working Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM